There’s no doubt about it, technology is not slowing down or going anywhere! In fact, it is only going to continue getting more advanced. Our students are growing up with technology being an integral part of their existence, so it only makes sense that we need to make sure we are “speaking their language” in the classroom too.
And if you’re a teacherpreneur with your own TpT store, you know how important it is to provide teachers around the world with up to date resources that can help our modern students!
ABOUT THE COURSE
If you’re ready to start brushing up on your technology skills and learning how to make interactive, digital resources to inspire your students or diversify your teacherpreneur store, then this course is for you!
In this course, you will follow along with simple step by step videos to learn how to create inspiring digital teaching resources, without any experience whatsoever!
When you enrol in this course, you will receive the following:
- 19 Bitesized Video Tutorials: each video shows you exactly what to do, step by step to help you teach you how to create a range of different digital resources. The videos are short, snappy and to the point to help you get results quickly and efficiently.
- 1:1 Email Support: As you’re taking the course, you may have questions or extra ideas. You are entitled to 1:1 email support as many times as you need in order to get the results you are after and I will do everything I can to ensure you are successful at the end of this course!
If this sounds like something that would benefit your classroom or teacherpreneur business, then let’s get started today!
It’s time to develop your technology skills (which are impossible to shy away from in this evolving industry!) and increase your impact even further! The course is the ultimate tool in helping you develop your technology skills for the classroom.
INSIDE THE COURSE
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
How to create teaching resources suitable for a digital classroom including using Google Slides and Google Classroom
How you can make your resources stand out from the crowd
How to make your resources cloud compatible with Google Drive, One Drive and DropBox
Tricks for how to make PowerPoint resources more interactive, ideal for gaming or flip books
How to use animations and triggers in PowerPoint to create task cards, quizzes and other interactive games
How to create QR codes for kinaesthetic and interactive learning
Practical steps on how to share and sell your digital resources
How to secure clip art to enable it to be used interactively
Plus, I’m always at the end of an email if you ever have any questions about any of the lessons or want further 1:1 support.
WHY THIS COURSE:
Back in 2013, I started creating resources to share with other teachers online. Before this, I was creating regular, boring Word or PowerPoint worksheets with shoddy pictures I got off the internet… Well, that is just not good enough anymore, especially if you want to share and sell these resources or want to go digital in your classroom which is a whole new ball game!
Because I needed to move with the times, this meant I had to go through a whole huge learning curve in discovering how to secure, flatten and package resources so that the clip art I was also creating was secured and my resources couldn’t be moved around and taken apart.
Things got even more complicated when I started creating digital resources for online learning, as you probably are experiencing too! I had to learn how to use Google Classroom, Docs, Slides, Drive and I also wanted to learn One Drive, Drop Box, PowerPoint Online. I also wanted to make my resources interactive but also protect the clip art – things got overwhelming, fast!
Well, after 4 years of trial and error with plenty of mistakes along the way, I finally have worked out a system to creating digital resources that is fast and secure; now I want to share my methods with you to save you the time and struggles I went through so you too can embrace digital teaching resources in your classroom or to share online!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Absolutely not! The course is presented in a non-techy way to help you follow along regardless of your ability. You can pause and replay the videos as many times as you need to and you can get free 1:1 email support if you ever get stuck!
It’s an all rounder course so you may find some sections that you’re already confident in but you may learn a new way of doing things too that is more efficient or effective. My best advice is look through the lesson content below and see what new skills you can learn from this course before deciding if it’s right for you.
With COVID-19 causing closures across the globe, many schools are adopting distance learning. This course will help you get set up so that you can still communicate remotely with your students, share resources, check their progress and offer feedback.
If there are specific things you would like to learn how to do that this course doesn’t currently offer, drop me an email at email@example.com letting me know what you would like, and I will let you know whether it is something I can add to this course or not! The future is undeniably going digital, so let’s get at it!
Not at all! You will have access to all the lessons immediately so you can work completely at your own pace.
Not a problem, questions are expected when we’re learning something new – it’s a sign of a good student! If ever you get stuck or have questions, you can reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can have access to as much email support as you need to solve your problems. Your success in completing this course is incredibly important to me.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
LESSONS IN THE COURSE
- Introduction to the course.
- Learn how to create a teaching resource using PowerPoint including adding clip art and text boxes.
- Learn how to SECURE and flatten your resource so that the clip art and text cannot be edited or lifted.
- Learn how to secure movable clip art in your digital resource, ideal for if you want pieces to be moved on screen and so and can’t secure them in the way you learned in the previous lesson.
- Learn why you need to use online storage for digital resources.
- Learn how to sign up for a Google Drive, DropBox and One Drive account as well as how to upload and organize your digital resources.
- Learn how to easily convert your PowerPoint document to Google Slides with no experience of Google Slides necessary.
- Learn how to convert your PowerPoint document to a PowerPoint Online version for remote editing and sharing.
- Learn how to add interactive features to link pages together within a Google Slides document and in PowerPoint online, to enable interactive navigation through your resource.
- Learn how to use triggers in PowerPoint to create interactive games and resources, such as using triggers to:
– make an object animate or disappear and have a sound effect when clicked
– determine correct or incorrect answer that can be used for quizzes or task cards
– animate a specific object when clicking directly on it
– make an object change size and move simultaneously anywhere on the screen
- Free downloadable PowerPoint templates to get you started with making your resources.
- Learn how to create digital, interactive crosswords and word searches in Google Sheets.
- Learn how to create QR codes, as well as ideas to create opportunities for interactive learning in your teaching resources.
- Learn how to share links to your online resources using Drop Box, One Drive and Google Drive (as well as a bonus feature of Google Classroom).
- Learn how to sell or share your resource and package it up alongside information and links.